Tuesday, December 14, 2010

A Silence Above My Head

There is a silent place above my head
above the clicking of the keys
Beneath a ballpoint or a lead
It is, if you could say,
       a place to clear my head.

It is not a place of the air
   it has no watery retreat,
   & dare I say
   the earth has never humbled my small discreet.
   It is sad to say
   its ontology is universally extinct.

Mind you, it exists everywhere,
    in lampshades and light fixtures,
    in turtles and tortellini too!
    But the "smartest & the best"
    have laid rest to this silence above peoples heads.

"It isn't for letters, for science, for pictures"
Yet science is the absence of expecting it,
letters the tethered sound in a change of texture.
& what provides a silence deeper while
looking for a sound to be seen
but peering at a picture?

Only the silence above my head
   renders a perfect picture-
-to which it fizzles down to a
   ballpoint or a lead
to portray a person you'll have to
  say is very much mislaid.
But to bad for you, you can't see the picture
  in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment